The latest Cabinet decisions, of 24 July 2020, mention the Cabinet's approval for the Ministry of Technology, Communication and Innovation to issue instructions to the Attorney General's office for repealing the current Computer Misuse and Cybercrime Act in order to draft a new a legislation that meets with the evolution of technology and the internet.
This new legislation should accommodate;
- new offences for new types of threats and conditions in the cyberspace,
- reinforced provisions for critical information infrastructure,
- investigation procedures,
- international co-operation against cyberthreats,
- international best practices,
- provisions of Conventions to which Mauritius has adhered such as the Budapest and the African Union Conventions on cybersecurity,
- provisions for alignment with the new proposed National Cybersecurity Strategy.